Key expert 1 (Team Leader): Regional Development Policy Formulation and Implementation Adviser
Qualifications and skills
- At least a university degree (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years study) related to social sciences, management, business or development or other relevant discipline. A postgraduate degree would be a significant advantage.
- Knowledge of the Logical Framework Approach and Project Cycle Management techniques;
- Excellent managerial, coordination and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills among high level political and/or civil service representatives;
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of written documentation (such is, for instance, reporting) as well as of delivery of interactive training;
- Full fluency in English, both written and spoken.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional work experience relevant to this assignment
- Solid track record of senior level working experience in areas related to regional and/or socio-economic development
- Knowledge of project management techniques
- Proven experience in management and supervision of teams of experts
- Proven ability to transfer skills and know-how
Specific professional experience
- At least five years of professional work experience in at least two long-term projects, advising national level institutions in development policy formulation and/or delivery for competitiveness and cohesion preferably in EU member states, accession or pre-accession County;
- Proven experience (of at least two years) in managing and supervising teams of experts in at least one similar EU funded project, or as a senior level practitioner in a relevant ministry, agency or related institution;
- Competency in the EU policies, legislative requirements, management of funds, and international best practices for regional development;
- Proven experience in inter-institutional policy coordination and integration.
The following will be considered as particular advantages:
- Proven in-depth expertise in designing and delivering regional development best practice methods (e.g. facilitating policy integration, triple helix practices, scenario planning, etc.)
- Experience in the field acquired in the last three years.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com by June 15, 2016.